New PCS Innovation Questions
- With reference to ensuring this procurement meets the sustainable procurement duty, before carrying out this regulated procurement, have you considered how in conducting the procurement process it could promote innovation?
- Are “innovative” works, supplies or services being bought?
Both of these questions are checkbox answers where you will respond with a Yes or No.
Please note that these questions are not published on PCS and are used for reporting purposes only.
Highlighting innovation within public sector contracts is important for a number of reasons:
- it allows organisations to report on the creation of innovative goods and services
- by reporting on innovation, it provides the potential to commercially scale opportunities
- by understanding contracts for innovative goods and services it will allow other organisations to learn and benefit from the work of others
- it highlights the Sustainable Procurement Duty to promote innovation before a regulated procurement is carried out